Manolete Signs 150th Insolvency Litigation Investment
Today we signed our 150th insolvency litigation financing case. An important milestone for the business, as we continue to expand our support for meritorious claims for Insolvency Practitioners throughout the UK and internationally.
Insolvency litigation has to be executed on a single, case-by-case basis – IPs and their legal teams cannot sign up to a “portfolio arrangement” as they have a statutory duty to get the best possible deal for creditors in every individual estate. Manolete Partners is the largest single case litigation finance business in the Northern Hemisphere and, as highlighted in the recent Professor Walton Report for R3, by far the largest financier of insolvency litigation. Manolete specialises exclusively in the insolvency litigation market and our staff rank amongst the finest insolvency lawyers in the UK. We always engage the very best external solicitor firms and specialist counsel to support IPs’ cases.
Exactly 12 months ago today, we celebrated our 100th case at the aptly named “100 Club”. It had taken Manolete seven years to reach the 100 case milestone – it has taken only one year to reach 150. This highlights the rapidly increasing popularity of our unique insolvency litigation financing model with IPs and their tried and trusted lawyers.
- Our financing solutions apply to insolvency claims of just £20,000 and above
- Our average claim size is now £200,000
- Supported by highly sophisticated financial shareholders, we are able to finance cases of over £200m claim value
- We self-insure all ATE risk – which represents a huge saving for insolvent estates and makes small claims viable and attractive
- We have completed 110 of the 150 signed cases, with an average time to complete of 10 months (varying from just 3 weeks to long 5 year battles through the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court)
- We have recovered tens of millions of pounds for insolvent estates
Our thanks go to our staff, the IPs who have identified, investigated and supported the claims and the outstanding legal teams who have executed and advised upon the cases.