Manolete Partners reported a particularly busy end to May 2013. Three new insolvency cases were acquired and two live cases were successfully concluded.
The three new cases typify the range of work we do for the insolvency community:
- We purchased a long standing £150k+ contractual claim from a marketing company where Begbies Traynor are running the Administration;
- We purchased a £1m+ claim from a Grant Thornton Administration in the hotel and leisure sector; and
- We purchased a substantial construction claim from a small practice insolvency and recovery firm in Wales.
While busy buying new claims we were also pleased to bring two claims through to successful conclusions:
- Having taken the matter to the brink of bankruptcy proceedings we were pleased to finalise the 100% cash recovery on an outstanding Director’s Loan Account for Carter Clark. We were also able to recover all of our legal costs on the case; and
- Having issued formal proceedings against a Company Director we were able to recover a substantial return plus costs on a Director’s debt on a Moorfields liquidation. A very pleasing outcome for all concerned.